Full- Time and Part-time Positions available
Shifts:7am-3pm, 3pm-11p, and 11p-7am
Now hiring energetic and friendly people to
work with the elderly in a beautiful setting.
Flexible hours, competitive pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance after 90 days of employment, Short Term/Life Insurance and 401K Benefits available!
The nurse aide is responsible for assisting in the total care of residents including but not limited to health care activities of daily living while adhering to the rights of the residents and providing the highest quality of care to assist the resident in reaching their optimal level of functioning.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS AND PERFORMANCE CRITERIA::
* Plan of Care: Responsible for following individual resident plan of care and reporting progress, lack of progress and changes in residents physical, cognitive, emotional and/or social abilities or limitations to the Charge Nurse.
Health Care: Responsible for recording food intake and recording residents’ output. Supervise residents on therapeutic diets to be sure they eat the proper foods. Assist residents in preparation for doctors, dentist, medical appointments, test and therapy. Escort residents to other areas of facility as needed. Notifies nursing of any change in resident’s physical, mental, and emotional health.
* Activities of Daily Living: Responsible for providing guidance and assistance to assigned residents for all activities of daily living including: bathing, dressing/grooming, i.e., shaving, nail care, make up, toileting, transfer, ambulation and eating/feeding.
* Restorative Care/ Rehabilitation: Responsible for following procedures as directed including but not limited to passive or assisted range of motion, bowel or bladder training program, and toileting schedule. Applies appliances as ordered including glasses, hearing aids, splints, braces, prosthesis. Follow residents ambulation program including walking with or without assistance and/or appliance.
Housekeeping Tasks: Responsible for making and changing beds, keeping residents personal possessions tidy and rooms clean. Places dirty dishes and utensils on the dietary car. Keeps equipment in good condition and properly stored.
* Environment: Responsible for keeping the environment neat, clean, organized and safe, Responsible for creating a calm supportive environment, displaying sincere personal interest in residents.
* Safety and Sanitation: Responsible for complying with all safety and sanitation procedures including universal precautions, cleaning up of spills and waste, proper storage of supplies and equipment, reporting maintenance needs and completing incident reports in a timely manner.
* Residents Rights: Responsible for maintaining individual residents rights for privacy, treatment schedules, property, civil rights and all other rights as designated by state and/or federal law. Maintains confidentiality about residents post and present care and/or other information.
* Communications: Responsible for communication with individual residents at their highest form of communication. * Responsible for completing assigned report forms such as food intake.
* Nurse Aides are required to chart each shift after care is given to the resident using the Sanctuary Pointe Nursing and Rehab Center’s STNA Electronic Charting on Point Click Care.
* In-Service Program: Responsible for attending in-service programs as scheduled and as required to maintain certified nurse aide status.
* Other Duties: Perform other duties as assigned.
* Education: Must have a minimum tenth grade education. Must have or be willing to complete certified nursing assistant course and be registered or become registered in Ohio as a nursing assistant.
* Health: Must be in good general health, free of communicable diseases and emotionally stable.
* Physical Abilities: Must be able to visually assess residents’ physical condition. Must have the ability to hear with or without the use of prosthetics soft spoken words of residents, intercom and alarms. Must have physical dexterity to open small packages and to perform assistance with ADL’s. Must have physical ability to lift and/or transfer residents, pulling/lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 175 pounds with assistance. Physical ability to climb and descend stairs and able to move supplies, equipment and furniture throughout the workday.
* Other abilities: Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Must be able to read, write and speak the English language. Must be able to make independent decisions when such circumstances are warranted. Must be able to remain calm and patient when resident is anxious, agitated, combative or displaying other types of distress. Must be friendly, have a positive attitude, enthusiastic and work cooperatively as a team member. Must be able to relate factually with residents, staff, families and visitors.