The Radiology Technologist/Medical Assistant is responsible for providing basic clinical care to patients. Duties include performing initial clinical evaluations as well as directed procedures for urgent care. This position will comprise of preparing patients for continued medical evaluation by physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners by taking a brief history, establishing vital signs, recording appropriate documentation and recognizing levels of acuity allowing appropriate medical intervention when necessary.
Position Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Performs X-rays per protocols set forth by Medical Director
- Promptly greets patients when entering waiting area, exam room, and laboratory.
- Consistently communicate with patients on wait times; provides direction to the next step in the treatment process.
- Provides solutions to patient problems and recognizes and seeks help in emergent/ hazardous situations.
- Provides timely follow up regarding lab and x-ray results.
- Executes follow-up calls with sense of urgency and work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Assists Registrars with patient check in/out procedures when necessary.
- Obtains and accurately documents patient vital signs and weight, takes brief history, past medical, family and social history, current mediations, allergies and other pertinent historical information as appropriate.
- Assists with patient transfer as well as assist with procedures directly supervised by the physician.
- Assists in lab procedures under the supervision of the physician.
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures and follows established clinical and regulatory procedures in regards to patient safety and care; including proper radiation protection and shielding techniques.
- Ensures that equipment is in proper working order and reports any malfunctions to the Center Manager or Clinician on duty.
- Follows documentation procedures and completes required paperwork related to patient visit.
- Maintains examination room and stocks if necessary.
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and patient confidentiality policies.
- Phlebotomy, injections, medical procedures, EKG's, and laboratory procedures appropriate for level of training under the direction of a clinician.
- Ability to relay information in a positive method, to diffuse upset patients and present a solution to their problem.
- Proficient with EMR software and overall knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to work efficiently in a team or solo environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. or more and be able to stand for long periods of time.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required:
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Assistant in Urgent Care/fast tract ER
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certificate or equivalent experience
- Basic Life Support Certification by American Heart Association preferred
- Licensed and Accredited by A.R.R.T. and State if Applicable
- Knowledge of PACS, Computer Radiography and Basic Computer Programs
Selected Candidate Will be Employed by BocaCare, Inc Physician Network, an affiliate of Boca Raton Regional Hospital
*Incumbent may be required to perform emergency duty before, during and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency, crisis situation or disaster (man-made or natural) including evacuation sites.
*The person in this position will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
*In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season. As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital's Human Resources Department at 561-955-4075.