Currently hiring for:
Full time day shift. Must have knowledge in electrical, plumbing, preventative maintenance, carpentry and dry wall repair.::
Homewood, a leader since 1932 in providing care and services within a continuing care retirement community, is looking for individuals who wish to exhibit compassion and kindness in their daily work, and are ready to serve. We embrace a fun, team-oriented atmosphere. Through teamwork, we become more creative, find solutions, enjoy our work and build relationships. It all adds up to exceptional job satisfaction and stability. You too can discover the satisfaction of knowing that your work can make a difference in your life and in the lives of people around you.
Shows considerable skill in repairing and maintaining machinery, equipment, physical structures, plumbing and electrical systems.
* Treats all information about residents, their condition, and family as confidential information.
* Complies with established Corporate and Departmental policies and procedures, and maintains established standards and practices.
* Assists in a program of preventative maintenance that keeps equipment functioning properly and buildings in good repair.
* Assists in making repairs to the electrical, HVAC systems, boilers, generators and plumbing equipment.
* Assists with snow removal and groundskeeping as needed.
* Responds promptly to requests from residents and staff regarding maintenance problems.
* Responds immediately to all facility emergencies and is familiar with all emergency equipment and procedures.
* Assists other departments in special projects and tasks of a heavy nature.
* Rotates being on-call on off hours.
* Performs other functions as directed by the supervisor.
* High school diploma or equivalent. Technical training in maintenance work, (plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc. ).
* Three years’ experience in plant operations and maintenance.
* Thorough knowledge of boilers, compressors, generators, and allied machinery, and the mechanical, electrical, plumbing and communication systems would be helpful.
* Must have organizational skills and be able to do sequential events.
* Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and temperatures normally ranging from 0 to 100 F.
* Ability to stand, walk, stoop, twist and turn frequently throughout the course of an eight hour shift and able to lift and transfer at least 70 pounds.
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints and building plans.
* Basic knowledge of federal, state and local codes, Life Safety Code, OSHA and requirements of regulatory agencies.
* Ability to perform skilled work in two trade areas.
Must be able to constantly work on their feet during an 8 hour shift, bend, stoop, twist and turn constantly throughout the shift in performing regular duties. Must be able to push and pull equipment and lift or transfer items weighing 70 pounds frequently throughout the shift. Must be able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions and temperatures ranging from 0 to 100 degrees F.