The Care Partner is responsible for assisting residents in activities of daily living while encouraging them to be as independent as possible. Under certain state guidelines, Care Partners may also provide medication assistance and treatments to residents. The Care Partner is responsible for providing professional, compassionate, and quality care for all residents. Have you always wanted to make a difference in someone’s life? That is exactly what this position is all about. Making a difference is the most important part of being a Care Partner and our expectations are very high. You spend more time with our residents than anyone else in the community. Care Partners have a great opportunity to make a huge difference in residents’ lives, while HAVING FUN at the same time.
* Assist residents while adhering to the care plan in activities of daily living including but not limited to i.e. provide showering and dressing assistance, personal hygiene and grooming assistance, transfer assistance, escort assistance, daily reminders, etc.
* Motivate and encourage residents to be as independent as possible, while still providing any needed assistance.
* Always treat residents with kindness, respect, and dignity.
* Monitor residents for changes in condition and reports changes to charge nurse.
* Assist and support residents in the participation of activities while providing motivation and encouragement.
* Remind residents of different activities offered daily while providing alternate options such as fitness, art classes, music stimulation and etc.
* Deliver and retrieve meal trays to rooms as needed.
Additional Responsibilities: :
* Attend all required meetings and in-services.
* Be observant and aware of any situations or occurrence in the community that may pose a safety hazard to residents or staff. Report such observation immediately to the Wellness Director.
* Must remain on duty and provide essential functions for residents until shift replacement arrives.
* Adhere to company policy for time and attendance.
* Two (2) to five (5) years of prior assisted living or senior care experience.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
* Language Ability:
* Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally, speaking the primary language of the residents.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.