Job Summary: :
The associate medical directorship is a position of active participation and clinical leadership. Responsibilities shall be enumerated in a job description and attached to the Associate Medical Directors employment agreement. The associate medical director should complement the primary physician’s care, work closely with the medical director, assume the role of Medical Director in any absence of the Medical Director, act as a medical resource to IDT members, and assure overall continuity of the hospice program’s medical services. The job description may be modified from time to time by agreement between the Administrator and Medical Director.
* Licensed to practice in the state.
* Comprehensive knowledge and well-developed skills in:
* Standard Nurse Practitioner duties
* Pain and symptom control
* Psychology of loss
* Understanding and acceptance of hospice principles of care.
* Administratively responsible to the Board of Directors and Administrator of CH for the following aspects of agency services:
* Adequacy and appropriateness of service.
* Assurance of quality care.
* Adequacy and completeness of records.
* Provisions for data and statistics.
* Participates in meetings to assure that federal and state requirements are being met.
* Participates in IDT meetings as necessary, to review the care being provided and to participate in patient care planning.
* Presents specific educational information at patient conferences relevant to case presentations.
* Offers advice and information to staff referring physicians on medical interventions to relieve pain and symptoms of disease.
* Available for on-call consultation with team members regarding patients condition.
* Provide onsite patient visits if required to assess patient needs and for face to face requirements in set geographical area.
* Serves as liaison with patients primary physician, as needed.
* Consults with physicians about potential hospice patients.
* Provides in-service education to staff.
* Reviews patient medical eligibility for hospice services in accordance with hospice program policy.
* Coordinates efforts with the attending physician to provide medical care in the event the attending physician is unable to retain responsibility for patient care.
* Acts as a medical liaison with physicians in the community.
* Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
* Re-certification of patients on service of the hospice, in your geographic area, as needed.
* Provide on-call nurse practitioner service to the patients of the hospice, on occasion, as needed.
* Plan and participate in lunch and/or dinner meetings with other healthcare providers and/or appropriate referral sources in your geographical area.
* Perform initial and ongoing psych evaluations on specified patients on an as needed basis.
* Attendance at Medical Director, Associate Medical Director and Nurse Practitioner meetings in the HH Corporate Office, or other designated setting.
* Completion of all required clinical documentation as so prescribed by state and federal regulations.