PHYSICIAN CENTER LPN
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician, provides to individuals and groups nursing care requiring the application of basic knowledge of the biological, physical, behavioral, social and nursing sciences.
- Assists Physicians, NP's, RN's in assessment of patients and contributes information in planning and evaluating quality patient care.
- Provides direct technical nursing care to patients.
- Administers medications ordered by a licensed provider after having completed the 90-hour Pharmacology Course and passing the National Exam.
- Maintains excellence in clinical competency and nursing skills through continuing education.
- Informs Physician, NP, or RN of patient's symptoms, reactions, progress and other information pertaining to patient's care.
- Maintains a clean, safe and orderly patient, visitor, and staff environment. Practices Universal Precautions.
- Participates in the ongoing quality improvement program and responds to results obtained from data collection.
- Graduate of accredited Practical Nursing program maintains current licensure in State of Ohio.
- Functions within the scope of practice of nursing for a licensed practical nurse as defined by the Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintains BCLS certification
- Possess basic analytical ability to perform assigned tasks and gather and interpret data in situations that are not difficult or complex.
- Demonstrates ability to provide care for pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients under supervision of a licensed physician, NP and/or RN.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skill and ability to perform: phlebotomy, EKG, vital signs, medication administration by oral, med nebulizer, IM, SQ, routes for children and adults, ear lavage, monofilament, glucometer, occult blood, visual and auditory acuity, strep screen, urinalysis, urine pregnancy, specimen collection and preparation as applicable to the practice setting.
- Demonstrates ability to proficiently operate various office machines including office computer systems (IDX, EMR, Meditech), fax, telephone, photocopier.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.