Radiography Technologist - Performs various imaging procedures in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
· Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
· When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
· Prepares equipment and supplies.
· Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters.
· Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment.
· Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary. Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results.
· Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure. Enters and transmits images.
· Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technologist program
· Registered as a Radiologic Technologist (R) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) (R). Specialty ARRT certification(s) if required for position. State licensure if required by law.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.