I. JOB SUMMARY
Position responsible for collaborating with the physician and healthcare team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process to facilitate the delivery of patient care.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates to the different life cycles.
1. Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating both Behaviors and Operating Principles in all internal and external customer interactions. Performs duties with accountability, competency, innovation, collaboration, compassion and respect to create the best possible outcomes with exceptional customer experiences.
2. Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing.
3. Current State of Texas license/permit to practice professional nursing.
4. Certified in Basic Life Support; other certification based on nursing unit requirements.
5. One or more years of Nursing experience in area of intended practice.
III. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is of medium demand. Reaching up to 40 pounds, pushing and pulling 11 to 24 pounds frequently, lifting up to 20 pounds off the floor, waist high, and overhead, ability to carry up to 35 pounds, use of manual dexterity with simple and firm grasping, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, squatting, stooping, kneeling, bending, and speaking, visual acuity, hearing and depth perception are all essential requirements of the position.
IV. MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK AIDES
A. Medical equipment
B. Patient care equipment
V. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Delivers appropriate care to patients, at a competent level, according to the RN skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
2. Coordinates the planning for delivery of nursing care with a multidisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
3. Collaborates and directs healthcare team in attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence and professional standards of care. Meets treatment goals; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans; evaluates the quality of patient care and contributes to the revision of standards of care.
4. Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies/procedures/standards of care, within budgetary specifications, including time/supply management and accuracy of practice.
5. Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency; supports department-based goals which contributed to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
6. Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, and desired client-centered outcomes.
7. Abides by the HMH Legal Compliance Code of Conduct and maintains strict confidentiality of patient information at all times.
8. Adheres to Hospital Policy on the assessment, ordering, application, consent, and monitoring of the patient when restraints are employed.
9. Maintains a safe work environment and reports safety concerns appropriately.