Job Summary: :
The LPN follows the established plan of care that the Nurse Case Manager and the IDT members approve. The LPN assesses the patient for continuing appropriateness for hospice care, and changes in the plan of care, following accepted standards and nursing practices.
The LPN is responsible for the ongoing assessment and evaluation of each patient, following the Plan of Care established by the Team, communication with the Nurse Case Manager and DON, patient families, facility staff, and Attending MD’s.
* A current LPN license in the state.
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience; hospice experience preferred.
* Familiarity with a variety of clinical concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Ability to exchange routine information in an appropriate manner.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Computer skills, including experience with clinical databases.
* Responsible for the day-to-day visit frequency, or continuous care, as determined by the team.
* Maintains a nursing service philosophy and related rules, standards, and practices.
* Ensures compliance with laws and rules related to care, certification, and licensing; professionally represents Homestead Hospice to residents, residents’ families, outside agencies, care providers, and the public.
* Maintains liaison role with all levels of administration, physicians and outside organizations.
* Other duties as assigned.