Identifies, manages and develops lead sources for facility (facilities) within an assigned territory. Provides marketing leadership and support to the facility (facilities) to enable them to meet business objectives, increase market awareness, implement strategies, create sales and marketing plans, build, expand and achieve admissions and census goals. Provides customers with facility-related information through personal visits/assessments, presentations, facility events/programs, and follow-up as necessary. Coordinates and implements effective sales and marketing programs with each facility Admissions Team.
* Associate and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Sales or Marketing. Long term care field preferred.
* Two years equivalent experience in a sales/marketing position or Admissions Coordinator position in lieu of degree.
* Previous healthcare community relation’s experience preferred.
* Two years of experience in a position requiring sales/marketing or customer service. A background in community involvement is preferred.
Essential Functions: :
* Make daily outside sales calls to hospital discharge planners, physicians and other medical groups, insurance and case management companies, legal and financial professionals, senior organizations, appropriate special interest groups, and other community contacts. Develops and maintains relationships to advise referral sources of bed availability and new products and services. Maintains current database of existing and potential referral sources. Utilizes company’s sales practices and sales tracking tools.
* Assist with development and execution of a target referral development plan to include: analyzing the designated healthcare system; identifying and meeting the needs of the healthcare system partners (ie. Hospital, physician, home health, managed care organizations); marketing the facility’s clinical advantages/programming; building a core selling message; coordinating business development strategies and tactics with the facility teams.
* Extensive time spent outside the facility on marketing and sales activity generating referrals and admissions.
* Work with Admission Coordinators to alert department heads and building staff of projected admissions and to be made aware of bed availability. Maintain close working relationship with the internal facility Admissions Team (Administrator, Director of Nursing (DNS) and the Business Office Manager (BOM), Admissions Coordinator) to insure appropriate and efficient decisions about prospective admissions. Utilize the Clinical Capabilities Tool to insure timely admission decisions. Communicate individual referral needs to facility team to prepare for the transition.
* Develop a positive working relationship between facility and targeted healthcare system teams.
* Develop a partnership with Administrators, Director of Nursing Services, Admission/Marketing Directors, facility Medical Directors, etc. to set expectations, goals and strategy to achieve.
* Conduct on-site patient assessments in a timely manner, once a referral is given by a hospital discharge planner, case manager, social worker, electronic referral system, physician, family member, or other source. Note: Timely refers to assessments completed with a goal of 30 minutes to one-hour after referral is made.
* Communicate with patient and family upon referral to determine transition needs, expectations, etc. Be able to articulate facility strengths and process to streamline transfer.
* Provide education on Medicare/Medicaid/Insurance benefits, as needed. Will work closely with Business Office Manager to gain knowledge and understanding.
* Responsible for making recommendations regarding cost effective admission orders (i.e. lab/test completed at the hospital, compliance with physician medication orders, supply needs, etc.).
* Coordinates the development and implementation of sales and marketing plans for the designated territory; attends Marketing/Census Development team meetings, monitors budgets and tracks results.
* Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance the work flow, and/or improve the overall work environment. Also assist with specialty niche programming.
* Develop and recommend strategy for the organization which will result in the greatest share of the market over the long run.
* Evaluate market reactions to advertising programs and census building activities and formulation to ensure the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
* Maintain a working knowledge of Federal and State regulations and reimbursement guidelines (Medicare and Medicaid). Assist with managed care referral process. May provide assistance with new employee orientation for the customer service impact on the overall admission process.
* Maintain a database of medical contacts/community resources along with knowledge of industry trends and legislative/regulatory issues and communicates this information to facility staff and community contacts.
* Work with Admission Teams to develop and implement special events and presentations targeted at community education, establishing and maintaining status for the facility as the expert on skilled nursing, specialty programs, and rehabilitation care in the community.
* Daily follow up with Admissions Coordinator on all active and pending inquiries.
* Keeps all patient information confidential.
* Prepares marketing activity reports.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of or ability to learn reimbursement programs.
* Computer literate.
* Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with residents, their family members, referral sources and all levels of the organization both orally and in written form.
* Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize.
* Skilled at making presentations/public speaking.
* Able to work independently, self-motivated and goal oriented.
* Demonstrates self-confidence.
* Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with multiple and varied people and organizations.
* Ability to work flexible hours, as marketing responsibilities may dictate.
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
* Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below, and be able to work in the described environment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.