Currently Part Time positions are open for nights.:
Homewood, a leader since 1932 in providing care and services within a continuing care retirement community, is looking for individuals who wish to exhibit compassion and kindness in their daily work, and are ready to serve. We embrace a fun, team-oriented atmosphere. Through teamwork, we become more creative, find solutions, enjoy our work and build relationships. It all adds up to exceptional job satisfaction and stability. You too can discover the satisfaction of knowing that your work can make a difference in your life and in the lives of people around you.
Provides monitoring and supervision of all functions necessary to promote quality care to all residents on the shift.
* Treats all information about residents, their condition, and family as well as personnel matters as confidential information.
* Complies with established Corporate and Departmental policies and procedures, and maintains established standards and practices.
* Responsible for appropriate staffing to provide proper care to residents; including replacement of call-offs while on duty or reappropriation of scheduled staff.
* Works with and assists the attending physicians in the delivery of care to residents, and oversees preparation of residents’ charts for physician visits.
* Observes, assesses, evaluates and monitors resident health problems. Communicates findings to the attending physician, and coordinates appropriate follow-up. This will especially be done on each shift where there is a resident who needs care that is in addition to normal routine care.
* Reviews clinical records for timeliness, completeness and accuracy. Accurately documents in the medical record observations, assessments and progress notes. Updates care plans as treatment plans change.
* Oversees orientation of new nursing personnel on assigned shift.
* Ensures proper communication to families on resident health conditions. Resolves resident and family concerns as needed. Consults with the Head Nurse as necessary.
* Acts as liaison between resident, resident’s families and the physician. Interprets doctor orders and treatment plans in providing education when needed.
* Prepares daily report and communicates significant information to the relieving supervisor.
* Provides direct care as necessary. Models work tasks in a manner consistent with Homewood’s policies and standards of nursing practices.
* Provides overall supervision to all nursing personnel and ensures proper chain of command is followed. Supervisors nursing staff for sound judgment, safety, resident care and customer service.
* Shares responsibility for the planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care plans and nursing care. Exercises sound clinical judgment with resident care issues.
* Responsible for informing administration/management of severe issues, reportable events, resident/family concerns and alleged abuse and neglect in a timely manner. Seeks guidance when appropriate when reporting to outside agencies.
* Responsible to implement the emergency plan should an emergency or disaster occurs.
* Assumes the responsibility for “manger on duty” on the evening and night shifts.
* Performs other functions as directed by the supervisor
* Current and valid RN license in the state providing resident care.
* Two to four years’ experience in a supervisory position preferably in a geriatric long term care facility.
* Possesses compassion, understanding and empathy for older persons.
* Possesses management ability including skills in written and verbal communication, good judgment and reasoning and coaching.
* Understands management, delegation and motivational concepts.
* Ability to communicate to residents, family and staff at a level they can understand.
* Must be able to react quickly and decisively in emergencies and in unexpected behavior of residents.
* Standing and walking distances constantly throughout the campus would be required during the shift in evaluating residents and supporting line staff and (at applicable facilities) coordinates the response to emergency needs of the Retirement Community.
* Ability to lift 30 pounds in assisting co-workers with resident lifts, transfers, etc. several times throughout the shift.
* Demonstrates strong conflict resolutions skills in a manner that is respectful and dignified.
This position would include responsibilities of leadership in nursing. Standing and walking distances constantly throughout the campus would be required during the shift in evaluating residents and supporting line staff and respond to emergency needs of the Retirement Community. Ability to lift 30 pounds in assisting co-workers with resident lifts, transfers, etc. several times throughout the shift. Must be able to react quickly and decisively in emergencies and in unexpected behavior of residents.