Responsible for carrying out and documenting the activities of the Restorative Program in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, facility policies. The objective is to ensure the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
* Successful completion of a nursing arts course in an accredited nurse training program as evidenced by a diploma, certificate or other written verification from the school and successful completion of the Department approved nursing assistant competency evaluation or successful completion of a United States military training program that includes the content of the Basic Nursing Assistant Training Program
* High school education or equivalent.
* Must possess current CPR certificate or become certified within two weeks of employment.
* Demonstrate interest and/or knowledge in restorative, ADL, splint, and ROM programs.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with customers, family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Must possess ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
* Must personable, enthusiastic, and resourceful.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Assure all restorative procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
* Assist in developing a written plan of care for each customer that identifies the problems/needs of the customer.
* Attends and actively participates in customer care plan conference.
* Attend and participate in continuing education programs.
* Recommend to the Clinical Support Supervisor the equipment and supply needs of the department.
* Prepare materials and supplies needed for daily programs.
* Record daily participation of customers in the Restorative Program.
Perform other related duties as assigned.