Responsible for providing primary care services for pediatric and adult population, with a focus on pediatrcs. Services provided include assessing, diagnosing, prescribing, treating and educating patients. Works closely with physicians and other clinicians in a team approach to patient care.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
1. Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors.
2. Conducts patient rounds as necessary. Formulates and implements a therapeutic plan of care with physicians and staff. Completes patient record.
3. Assesses daily plan of care and recommends actions in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team
4. Orders and interprets appropriate laboratory and diagnostic testing. Maintains contact with the ancillary testing areas for follow up.
5. Performs regular medication reviews for patients and modifies orders as necessary.
6. Recommends appropriate consults as needed.
7. Communicates with patient/family regarding plan of care.
8. Interacts with third party insurers regarding plan of care
9. Participates as needed in Paperwork/Physical forms, referrals and completes all required documentation.
10. Assists staff in moving patient along clinical pathway.
11. Serves as a resource to the discharge planning staff.
12. Pre-op clearance and post-op patient assessments as needed
13. Performs procedures independently within scope of practice
14. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
Ability to multi-task,
Communication skills, Problem-solving skills,
Planning and organizing, Attention to detail