EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree-Pharmacy required. Masters/Doctoral Degree-Pharmacy preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 1 year and/or ASHP accredited PGY1 residency preferred.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Nebraska Pharmacist license required.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Adheres to Mary Lanning Healthcare's Mission, Vision and Values
2. Adheres to Mary Lanning Healthcare's Standards of Behavior.
3. Review and interpret medication orders and prescriptions for inpatients, outpatients, infusion center, employees, and dependents to ensure that dosage, route, frequency, potential interactions, and allergies have been screened.
4. Provide clinical pharmacy services to hospital patients including, but not limited to order review and verification, pharmacokinetic dosing/monitoring, renal dose adjustment, anticoagulation monitoring, and IV to PO conversion.
5. Medication distributive functions, including, but not limited to, preparation and/or verification of medications, labeling, compounding, and dispensing.
6. Drug information resource for prescribers, hospital staff, and patients.
7. Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance monitoring, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous medications.
8. Responsible for technician activities and performance. Provides direction and guidance as needed.
9. Participates in the orientation, instruction and training of pharmacy students and interns, pharmacy technicians, residents, pharmacists and other health professionals.
10. Performs duties in documented accordance with requirements of all regulatory and governing bodies. Mandatory education from a system and department level is completed
11. Attends and participates in departmental meetings / inservices, Mary Lanning Healthcare quality improvement program, etc.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.