Guam Regional Medical City
133 Route 3 Dededo, Guam
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer and in conjunction with the Radiologists, the Radiology Manager ensures service development, personnel management and resource allocation and control in order to support and enhance patient care. Responsible for the services provided within the hospital by the Diagnostic, Ultrasound, CT Scan, MRI, and Mammography modalities.
§ Must be a graduate of an approved two‑year program
Minimum Work Experience
§ Five (5) years of experience in Radiology.
§ Five (5) years of management experience preferred.
§ Two (2) years of experience in a hospital setting preferred.
Required Licenses / Certifications
§ ARRT registered in radiology
§ BLS certification
OVERVIEW OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing service program, which ensures quality patient programs consistent with the hospital mission.
2. Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting, and hospital policy for patient services, personnel management, and environmental safety.
3. Oversees the Performance Improvement (PI) program for Radiology, which consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
4. Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow‑through and communication.
5. Serves as a resource to nurse managers and department managers within and across service lines.
6. Provides for appropriate staffing levels to ensure high quality service and smooth operations.
7. Fosters a service, which is consistent with the patient care beliefs and the shared management philosophy of the hospital.
8. Actively participates in service, departmental, and hospital-wide committees, as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
9. Participates in departmental project management, assuming a leadership role as warranted, in order to equitably assume these responsibilities with peer directors.
10. Seeks new program strategies and program enhancements, which would expand patient services; explores required resources and reviews the impact; initiates program proposals and submits them to the hospital administration for consideration.
11. Interprets/represents the practice and role of the hospital to allied healthcare professionals and physicians effectively.
12. Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback, constructive critique, or work, facilitates the development of their problem-solving and decision-making skills, and documents their job performance annually.
13. Follows progressive disciplinary action process (or oversees subordinates in doing so) in order to maintain productivity and performance standards.
14. Completes an operational budget that reflects required workload, forecasted units of service, and programmatic changes.
15. Monitors budget expenditures as reflected in accurate, objective variance analysis.
16. Is responsible for the department’s operational excellence and ensures that the department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
17. Responsible for hiring, performance reviews, continuing education, disciplinary actions and terminations as necessary.
18. Manages human resources (HR) to ensure quality services and promote positive employee relations.
19. Responsible for review, approval, and submission of employee timekeeping to Payroll within required deadlines.
20. Responsible for the coordination and acquisitions of materials and supplies.
21. Processes all invoices for prompt payment. Cooperates with accounting to maintain correct records.
22. Responsible for the accurate and timely billing of all services.
23. Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter- and interdepartmentally to facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
24. Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment
25. Maintains open communication to all colleagues in the department, the division, and throughout cross-functional divisions
26. Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job‑related hazards.
*Complete job description provided upon employment.